Saucepan Fudge Brownies
Sometimes you have company that surprises you and you need to make something very quickly!
Sometimes you just want to bake the best and easiest brownies in the world.
These saucepan fudge brownies are all made in one pot, so it’s easy to make, and has easy clean up! Who doesn’t love that?
This is a recipe I got from my mom and is a staple in our house.
Eat them as is, or slab on some homemade or store-bought icing. Or, just sprinkle with icing sugar. It’s all good and the pan won’t last long!
- ½ c. butter or margarine
- 2 (1oz) sq. unsweetened or semi sweet chocolate
- 1 C. sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. Baking powder
- ¾ cup flour
- 2 tbsp. Shortening or marg.
- ¼ c. cocoa
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp. Vanilla
- 3 tbsp. Milk
- 1 ¾ cup icing sugar
- In a saucepan melt butter and chocolate.
- Remove from heat and stir in sugar.
- Blend in eggs, one at a time. Add vanilla.
- Stir in flour and baking powder. Mix well.
- Spread in an 8x8 or 9x9 inch baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Frost when cool.