Everything you need to know: Off the Wallz Splash Park PEI
Disclosure: Our family received a pass to try out the new Off the Wallz Splash Park in Summerside in exchange for this blog post. All opinions are our own.
“It’s a Spiderman training area!”
“It was really fun! Once I completed something, I felt proud of myself for doing it!”
“This is what I’m most looking forward to in PEI!”
When I saw pictures on Facebook of this new water park in Summerside, I knew we had to check it out!
What is Off the Wallz?
Come together with family and friends where you can run, swim, climb, jump and slide your way through an inflatable structure and have a whole lot of fun!
In our words… it’s like an inflatable bouncy castle meet obstacle course in the water!
Watch Daniel’s latest YouTube Video to see of yourself!
Top Tips for Off the Wallz Splash Park
1. Sign the waivers ahead of time online. This will save you a lot of time in the lineup.
2. Arrive earlier than your allotted time. The time you sign up for is the time you are on the water. However, you still need to pay, sign waivers (see #1) and get your life jackets on. This eats up your time, so arrive early and be ready to hit the water at your allotted time.
3. Wear water shoes! I knew this, but we forgot to pack them. They will help you grip on the slippery plastic much better than your bare feet.
4. Bring a waterproof camera. You will need both hands free, but you are allowed to bring a camera at your own risk. I tied the strap to my bathing suit so we could get some action shots.
5. Bring a change of clothes. There are changing rooms and porta-potties on site.
6. Just go for it. Everyone is in the same boat (literally) and there is no graceful or elegant way to complete the course. You will look like a beached whale. You will fall off. You will need help getting back on. You are no different than anyone else.
7. Know your limitations. You will fall in the water off the structures, but don’t worry because the water is warm and you will be wearing a life jacket. However, you will need to get yourself back onto the structure. There are lifeguards stationed everywhere to help you back up, but there are no ladders or footholds.
My husband and I found that at our age and health, we no longer had the upper body strength required to pull ourselves back up. I’m not sure that I ever would have been strong enough. So, after a few attempts, he and I jumped ship and had a fabulous time watching the boys from the stands, and cheering everyone else on.
What you Will Learn
By watching, it was obvious to see how much participants learned from the experience.
Problem Solving: You have to plan out a route of how you will get around the structure. What is the best way to go? How will you make it? What is your strategy for getting there?
Team work: There was an incredible sense of team work on the structure. Not only were the lifeguards helping participants up, but people were helping each other up, whether they knew them or not. Strangers of all ages worked together to complete obstacles, problem solving together. It was really touching to watch.
Sense of Accomplishment: The course is not easy, and there are some parts that are really challenging. On one section, we watched our son, determined to get across, attempt no less than 10 times without giving up. When he finally did, he was so proud of himself, and just beamed.
I’m sure I would have given up and cried much sooner. In fact, I did give up, so I am extra proud of them for working so hard for an hour on the course. They definitely came out stronger and more confident than before.
Hours and Cost
The Wallz Splash Park is open 7 days a week from 10:00 am to 8:00 pm for online bookings and walk-ins.
Admission prices are $20 per person (HST included) which includes the rental of a life jacket. Every participant is required to wear a life jacket while in the park (bringing your own life jacket is acceptable). Participants must be over 48″ tall. There is also a 250 lb weight restriction. (subject to change)
Off The Wallz Splash Park
Holman’s Wharf on Heather Moyse Drive, Summerside, PEI
Off the Wallz is an incredibly fun and challenging place for an adventure, especially on a hot day. Challenge yourself, but also know your limitations, and if you would make a better photographer and cheering squad than a participant!